On Saturday 17 October we celebrate the fourth edition of International Repair Day, a day to promote and celebrate the value of fixing. The theme for this year’s edition is Repair is Essential, especially during a global pandemic.
Add your event
How can you get involved?
We want everyone to be part of Repair Day, online as well as offline. Here are some ideas to get involved on the day:
- Attend a community repair event
- Support a local repair business
- Fix something yourself, or share your skills with others
- Share a picture of your repair (successful or not!) or of a memorable repair
- Join our mailing list for updates
- Check out the Heroes of Repair by the European Right to Repair Campaign
We’ve created new resources to share to announce Repair Day and celebrate it on the day. Use them online and offline to endorse, promote and celebrate Repair Day.
Repair Day Logo
You can access multiple versions of the logo in colour and b&w.
Repair Day – social media cards
We have 6 social media cards for you to choose from, each in two formats: Instagram/Facebook and Twitter
DOWNLOAD CARDS (by language: CATALAN, DUTCH, ENGLISH , FRENCH, GERMAN, HUNGARIAN, ITALIAN, NORWEGIAN, SPANISH )
You can suggest an additional language for our social media cards.
Repair Day A4 Posters
You access the poster in colour or customise one in b&w adding your logo.
Are you a repair business?
Hashtags and messages
We’ll be sharing using #RepairDay and #RepairIsEssential. You can also add the word ‘repair’ in your local language as well, such as #Ripara or #Reparatur.
Here are a few suggestions for messages to share:
- Broken is not an option!
- Obey your conscience, disobey the throw-away economy. Repair!
- A fixed thing is a beautiful thing
- Celebrate your Right to Repair
Alert the local media!
Download and customize our template press release (ENGLISH – GERMAN) for your local event – make sure you add all the details and send it off to the local media. You can even use it for posting on your blog or social media!