On Saturday 20 October we celebrate the second edition of International Repair Day, a day to promote and celebrate the value of fixing. This year’s edition focuses on pushing for our Right to Repair: our right to access information, spare parts and resources needed for repair, and the need for products to be more durable, efficient and repairable.
How can you get involved?
We want everyone to be part of Repair Day, online as well as offline. Here are some ideas to get involved on the day:
- Attend a community repair event
- Support a local repair business
- Fix something yourself
- Share a picture of your repair (successful or not!) or of a memorable repair
- Sign a petition for our Right to Repair in Germany, Italy and the UK
- Join our mailing list for updates
We’ve created new resources to share on the day. Use them online and offline to endorse, promote and celebrate Repair Day.
Repair Day Logo
You can access the logo in colour and b&w.
Repair Day A4 Poster
You access the poster in colour and b&w, plus a customisable version to add your own logo.
Repair Day social media card
You can access this card and customise it with your preferred picture
Hashtags and messages
We’ll be sharing using #RepairDay. You can also add the word ‘repair’ in your local language as well, such as #Ripara or #Reparatur.
Here are a few suggestions for messages to share:
- Broken is not an option!
- Obey your conscience, disobey the throw-away economy. Repair!
- A fixed thing is a beautiful thing
- Celebrate your Right to Repair
Are you running a local event?
Alert the local media!
Download and customize our template press release (EN) (FR) (DE) for your local event – make sure you add all the details, translate it if necessary, and send it off to the local media. You can even use it for posting on your blog or social media!